Sunday, April 22, 2012

Searching - The Sailor

Based on a tip from a fellow (much more established) artist,  I am painting whatever strikes my fancy and in no particular order so I can figure out what my focus might be. When I get there. Whenever that is.

I'm reluctant to share too much of myself in my work, so this approach of painting on impulse will probably reveal more about me than I'm comfortable with, which is good. (It's hard to make progress if you stay in your comfort zone.)

The Sailor - acrylic - 18 x 24"

This painting is outside my comfort zone in that I might like to be. Not that I sail, or am of epic proportions but I tried to indicate someone who is independent and self-contained.

It's definitely a struggle to put together a painting from multiple references, and some parts of this are a bit hinky but I love painting those big voluminous shapes and contrasting the very warm with the cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment