Friday, March 2, 2012

In Progress



This is the sketch for the painting I am currently working on. I really liked the 'fat lady' painting (Adephagia at the Beach) I did last fall and wanted to play with that more. I liked the idea of a very independent woman, but also wanted something that would allow me to work on the design of a painting and work on color. I can see from the gray sketch that the values in the area around the head and shoulders against the sky are very close. I will pay attention to this and see if the color provides enough zip to keep the figure distinct. I am also going to have issues with the cast shadow of the figure on this imaginary boat. Still, I am really looking forward to getting started. Just as a side note, I rarely share process with anyone, so posting about this may or may not be a good idea. I am pretty uncomfortable with it, but in my experience, getting outside the comfort zone is usually a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment