Monday, February 15, 2010

Frame Shop at Sam Flax

My friend Cory works in the frame shop at Sam Flax and was kind enough to let me sit in there one lunchtime and sketch. I also met Jon who works there as well. In my day job, I've had to get a bunch of stuff framed and that's how we became friends. He's great at what he does and takes pride in choosing the right setting for a piece. I know because he framed one of my pieces for Nude Nite and made the choices for it. I break framing glass just about every time I try to frame something so when it counts, I pay for an expert.

The frame shop if very neat looking: stuff everywhere. It looks like possibility, like that special thrill I get when I go to Home Depot and see all those shelves and shelves of possibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment