Monday, February 15, 2010

Bar monkeys - Jax in Lake Mary




I spend more time than is wise at Jax in Lake Mary. I actually really dislike most things about it: the uncomfortable seating, the incessant noise of all those televisions and people shouting to each other to be heard and the service on most nights. I love the hamburgers, the outdoor seating and, most of all, the people watching.

This sketch is rather old: June of last year. I'd just started back sketching and caught this couple at the bar. I was lucky that he was the kind of guy who stands with his back to the bar, leaning on his elbows and holding forth to whoever will listen. She seemed unduly fascinated but there's no accounting for taste, I guess. There is an actual sign on that column that says "Do Not Hump".

1 comment:

  1. Feeling lucky:), nice job with the feet and facial expressions; love the 'Do not Hump' sign:)

    ReplyDelete